Pallet Flow or Carton Flow is ideal for achieving FIFO picking. If goods have a high turnover, which is common in the Food and Drink industry, Pallet or Carton Flow ensures the product batches are shipped out in the correct order.
- Up to 60% less floor space is required than conventional racking
- Automatic stock rotation ensures better traceability of Food and Drink batches
- FIFO load and retrieval method only requires two aisles
- High speed operation helps handle the goods quickly to prevent spoilage
- Gravity fed to deliver goods to the front pick face, no automation required
Food and Drink pallets are placed on sloping storage lanes and gravity moves the pallet forward along a roller bed. The speed of the pallet is controlled by a series of brake rollers and halted by a stop unit.
This type of storage is frequently used in the Drink industry and requires only two aisles, one for loading and one for retrieval.
Read more about Pallet Flow and Carton Flow here.