Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Kasten Storage of Paintings
The Rijksmuseum is one of the world’s top ten museums. It is perhaps best known for its magnificent collection of Old Masters. Since 1885 the collections have been housed is the impressive building designed by architect Pierre Cuypers in the heart of Amsterdam.
Because of an extensive renovation programme, the collection stored in the museum repository had to be relocated. The Rijksmunt building offered a suitable alternative.
The space has been adapted to guarantee safe internal transport and ideal storage and conservation conditions for the collection.
Various museum storage solutions have been installed especially suited down to the tiniest detail for safe keeping of the collection.
Constructor museum storage systems installed at de Rijksmuseum repository:
- ArteStore Terra, pull-out painting frames.
- ArteStore static painting frames.
- Mobile longspan shelving.
- Compact shelving.
- Carpet racks, panel racks, cantilever racks and longspan shelving for storing heavy objects.
- Cabinets of drawers, glass fronted cabinets.