History of Kasten
In 1886 Mr Hjalmar Henrik Kasten established a tinsmith company in Helsinki and it was called Hj. H. Kasten metal works. Though the years the company name has been changed but the name Kasten has been kept as brand name for all the products. So the manufacturer of Kasten products – Constructor Finland Oy – has been in the steel manufacturing business for 130 years.
Kasten started the production of steel shelves in 1951. We develop, manufacture and market products and services for storage requirements, for archives and offices as well as for warehouses, material handling, shops and retail stores.
1886 Hj. H. Kasten metal works was set up by Hjalmar Henrik Kasten
1951 the first shelves were manufactured
1980 the family sold the company to Vaasanmylly
1982 a sugar company, Suomen sokeri, bought Vaasanmylly and Kasten was moved to the Sokeri corporation
1989 internationalisation started when the Norwegian company Hövik-Stål became a part of Kasten corporation
1992 the company name was changed to Kasten-Hövik
1996 Kasten-Hövik consortium bought the Constructor business operations from Electrolux and the group name was changed to Constructor
1999 Merge of Constructor and Dexion, owner being Aker RGI ASA
2004 Dexion Group sold Constructor Finland Oy to the present management of the company and Nordea Capital, a capital funding company
2007 The capital investor Altor Equity Partners bought Constructor Finland to affiliate it with its earlier bought Constructor Group AS